Easy to create, read and share PDF is one of the most widely utilized formats used in business. It is convenient to access from any computer, which makes the perfect format for working on the internet.
PDF documents are a fantastic method of sharing information. They are simple to edit, read and share. But, some of us frequently have difficulty to make a hyperlink or add a hyperlink to an existing PDF. It is actually quite simple to do it and we’ve written this blog post to show how to make hyperlinks within PDF.
3 ways that are common to add hyperlinks into PDFs
Add links to PDF files with the help of Adobe Acrobat
You can make a hyperlink inside a PDF document in the case of Adobe software. Adobe allows you to modify PDF files by deleting and adding sentences, changing the size of fonts and much more. To make hyperlinks in PDFs with just only a couple of clicks, follow these steps:
- Utilizing Adobe Open an Adobe PDF document and add hyperlinks.
- Select “Tools” > “Edit PDF” > “Link” > “Add/Edit Web or Document Link” and then drag the rectangle until the location you wish to create the link.
- In the “Create Link” dialogue box make the necessary adjustments to the appearance of the link and then select “Open a Web Page” to perform this link’s action.
- Finally option, make sure to click “File” > “Save” to save the PDF and include a hyperlink in the document.
How do you connect a hyperlink to PDF documents using Microsoft Word
If you don’t possess Adobe, Microsoft Word will allow you to insert hyperlinks in PDF.
To create interactive links, take these easy steps:
- Start the Microsoft Word software and choose the PDF you wish to modify.
- When you have imported the file, you can select the region you wish to link.
- Select “Insert” > “Links” group > “Hyperlink”.
- Input the address of your website within the “Address” box and export your document to PDF.
How do I create a hyperlink for the PDF file using Google Docs
It’s very easy to create PDF documents using Google Docs and create a hyperlink in the PDF.
To make a hyperlink within the PDF file, you must follow these easy steps:
- Open the Google Doc and then create the PDF’s contents.
- Then, choose the term or phrase you wish to link to.
- Select on the “insert” link button and enter the destination URL and then click “OK”.
- To convert the document into PDF, just choose “File”, then “Download as” and then select “PDF Document”.
Once you’ve added hyperlinks to PDF documents have them signed, and then save them online for quick access with Signeasy.
Why should hyperlinks be added into PDF document?
Hyperlinks are often used to provide links on other websites. However, the purpose for the PDF will determine the necessity of adding links to PDF.
For instance, you might decide to include an interactive table of content to your eBooks, mention external sources for your piece or simply guide the reader to another webpage on the site for more details on an issue.
The reasons for creating hyperlinks within PDFs could be numerous, however how you go about it will depend on the application you’re using, for example, Adobe, Word, Google Docs and many more.
Do you make use of a lot or PDF-based documents? Find out the ways Signeasy will help you sign, email and manage PDF documents effortlessly.